From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Academia, or pages that link to Academia or to this page or whose text .
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Humanities : Academic disciplines which deal with the human condition and what it is to be human.
- University : A type of institution that provides higher or tertiary education.
- Academic journal : A regularly-published, peer-reviewed publication that publishes scholarship relating to an academic discipline.
- Research : The process of systematic inquiry and traceable vindication within a logically organized system of knowledge.
- Higher education : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Higher education (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Tenure track : A career path in academia which consists of a fixed-term contract, followed by an evaluation of the incumbent and, if that is positive, a permanent contract.
- Professorship : Add brief definition or description
- Academic degree : Title conferred by a college or university to indicate completion of a course of study or extent of academic achievement.
- Doctor of Philosophy : Postgraduate university degree requiring the completion of a research thesis.