User talk:Karen Polk
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Roger Lohmann 10:52, 3 September 2008 (CDT)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Karen, welcome aboard CZ. Roger has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of the related CZ articles (for documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Education: Learning and teaching activities for the purpose of acquiring knowledge, skills or social norms.
- Special education: Add brief definition or description
- Reading: Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Reading (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Dyslexia: Add brief definition or description
- Middle school: Add brief definition or description
- Long island: Add brief definition or description
- New York City: The largest city in the United States of America and a world center of finance, commerce, communications, and the arts.
- Medicine: The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Master: Add brief definition or description
- Student: Add brief definition or description
- Tutor: Add brief definition or description
Daniel Mietchen 11:05, 3 September 2008 (CDT)