User talk:Joe Quick/Archive 1
[User-supplied bio goes in User:Your Name]
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, our help system and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) or via Twitter. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forum is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any administrator for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun!
You can find some more information about our collaboration groups if you follow this link Citizendium_Pilot:Discipline_Workgroups.You can always ask me on my talk page or others about how to proceed or any other question you might have.
Your undergrad anthro thesis
Let me know if you'd like another set of eyes on it (email it). I wrote one of those in 2003. :-) Stephen Ewen 00:57, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Don't feel a need to wait for too much polish. I fully understand the concept of drafts and even very rough working papers (just the first paragraph gives the gist). :-) I thought your undergrad thesis might reveal areas where we share some collaborative foci. Stephen Ewen 03:42, 25 February 2007 (CST)
Despite my handicap lacking my anthro books
Yes, I am currently attending an IB World School (Somerset College) and am on the MYP program (previously done the PYP and plan to start the Diploma course in 2010). I would also love to work with you on the IB article :) I'll see if I can get a start on the MYP section in the morning (AEST time) Ryan McCue Let's have a chat 03:15, 27 February 2007 (CST)
Last name, first for abc field
--end of message. Thanks for all your work on the Big Cleanup, Joe! --Larry Sanger 19:41, 25 March 2007 (CDT)
- Thanks for the heads-up. It never occurred to me. I went back and I think I caught all of the ones that were my fault plus picked up a few others along the way. --Joe Quick (Talk) 19:56, 25 March 2007 (CDT)
Somerset College page
Joe, I'm sorry to report that I've recommended delation of the Somerset College page. You might want to modify your user page into an external link from your user page over to Wikipedia. I saw that you wanted to change the article here, but that was a couple of months ago and the article did not appear to have changed substantially, not are any non-user pages linked to it (and then, only yours), so unfortunately I believe that it should be deleted for now. I'm participating in the Big Cleanup and every page of this sort causes us work which takes away from more important work. Best regards--Pat.Pat Palmer 17:31, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
- oops! I see it's not you at all...now I'll try to track down the correct person. sorry about that!
"Thanks for your edit on Tecum Umam but I think you misunderstood my presentation of the legend."
Yes upon closer inspection I realize I should stay in my "Computers Workgroup" playpen hehe :) --Eric M Gearhart 18:27, 11 April 2007 (CDT)
- Check your email regarding the mask image. Stephen Ewen 18:37, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
- Cool, thanks. Stephen Ewen 21:21, 3 May 2007 (CDT)
Feel free to use it. :-)
Visit the page to see its usage with operant.
Stephen Ewen 02:47, 4 May 2007 (CDT)
thanks so much, it's such a good feeling to have such great help. Nancy Sculerati 13:00, 4 May 2007 (CDT)