User talk:Glenn Cabasso
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Jitse Niesen 10:51, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Glenn, welcome aboard CZ. Jitse has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Biotechnology: The application of biological principles in industrial production
- University: A type of institution that provides higher or tertiary education.
- College: Add brief definition or description
- High school: Add brief definition or description
- Wiki: A website that allows anyone (with registration required or not) to edit any page and to add new pages.
- Online encyclopedia: An Internet-based structured collection of knowledge, inspired by the concept of traditional paper encyclopedias.
- Spam: Add brief definition or description
- America: Add brief definition or description
- New Jersey: State on the eastern coast of the USA.
- Germany: Federal republic in central Europe (population c. 82.4 million; capital Berlin), with the North Sea, Denmark and the Baltic Sea to the north; Poland and the Czech Republic to the east; Switzerland and Austria to the south; and France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west; founding member of the European Union.
- Holocaust: Add brief definition or description
- Syria: Country in the Middle East, facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sharing borders with Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
- Judaism: Monotheistic religion of the Jewish people based on the Torah.
- Game: A structured or semi-structured contrived activity, primarily undertaken for enjoyment or, sometimes, practice.
- Chess: Board game for two players played on a checkered board requiring skill, strategy and intellect.
- Shogi: Add brief definition or description
Finally, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 11:07, 23 October 2008 (UTC)