I'm a post-doc in the Department of Mathematics of the University of Leeds in England. On Citizendium, I am an editor in the Mathematics Workgroup. I am also responsible for the Subpagination Bot and the Proposals System and a member of the Executive Committee, and I help with the processing of editor applications.
In the interest of full disclosure: I am an administrator on Wikipedia.
My specialization is numerical analysis, which is the simulation of phenomena like the weather or the flow of air around an aircraft on a computer.
- Numerical analysis, especially of ordinary differential equations; my main interests are: exponential integrators, Magnus integrators, global error, B-series
- Dynamical systems; main interests: bifurcation theory, especially the Evans function (a tool for assessing the stability of travelling waves), symmetries of partial differential equations
- Born in the Netherlands in 1974
- Ingenieur (Dutch university degree) in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at Twente University, Netherlands (awarded 1999)
- PhD in Applied Mathematics from University of Cambridge, England (awarded 2005)
- Taught for two months at the International University Bremen, Germany
- Post-doc for 2½ years in the Mathematics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland
- Post-doc for 1½ years in the Mathematics Department, La Trobe University, Australia
- Currently on a Roberts Fellowship in the Department of Mathematics, University of Leeds, England
More information and my curriculum vitae can be found on my home page.
All my contributions are available under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 (CC-by-sa) license. I also give anybody permission to distribute them under another version of the CC-by-sa license or the GNU Free Documentation License.