Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission, or pages that link to Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. House of Representatives : The lower house of the United States Congress.
- Human rights : Natural civil and political rights considered universal and applicable to all human beings worldwide.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights : Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.
- Tom Lantos : (1928-2008) U.S. Representative (D-California) from 1980 to his death, the only Holocaust survivor to serve in Congress, the founder of human rights organizations in the House, and a strong supporter of the State of Israel
- James McGovern : Add brief definition or description
- Frank Wolf : U.S. Representative (R-Virginia); House Appropriations Committee: ranking minority member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice and Science, Subcommittee on Transportation, Subcommitee on Housing and Urban Development; Congressional Caucus on Bosnia; co-chair, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; co-chair Congressional Sudan Caucus; Congressional Internet Caucus
- Tammy Baldwin : U.S. Representative (D-Wisconsin); 0% "true liberal" 2008 rating from American Conservative Union; voted against 2002 Iraq War authorization; Congressional Progressive Caucus; Out of Iraq Caucus ; executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission
- Anh Cao : Called "Joseph", U.S. Representative (R-Louisiana), U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform; sole House Republican to vote for H.R. 3962 healthcare bill; executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; Executive board, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Donna Edwards : Vice Chair, Congressional Progressive Caucus; U.S House of Representatives (D-Maryland); executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission
- Trent Franks : U.S. Representative (R-Arizona), U.S. House Armed Services Committee; House Judiciary Committee; Republican Study Committee; executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; 100% American Conservative Union rating, 2008; children's advocate affiliated with Gary Bauer and Focus on the Family
- Keith Ellison : U.S. Representative (D-Minnesota); Financial Services and House Foreign Affairs Committees; first Muslim American elected to Congress; Vice Chair, Congressional Progressive Caucus; Congressional Black Caucus; executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; 0% "true liberal" 2008 rating from American Conservative Union
- Joseph Pitts : U.S. Representative (R-Pennsylvania); U.S. Committee for Human Rights in North Korea; Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; 100% American Conservative Union rating, 2008
- Janice Schakowsky : U.S. Representative (D-Illinois),, Chief Deputy Majority Whip, Democratic Steering and Policy Committee; House Energy and Commerce Committee: Vice-Chair Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection, member of the Subcommittees on Health and Oversight and Investigations; House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence; opposed the 2002 Iraq War, and was a founding member of Out-of-Iraq Caucus; executive committee, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; Associate member, Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Christopher Smith : U.S. Representative (R-New Jersey) House Foreign Affairs Committee