Human rights/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Human rights, or pages that link to Human rights or to this page or whose text .
- International law : The formal conduct of interactions between nation-states, both at the national level and on behalf of their citizens; generally accepted as first formalized by Hugo Grotius.
- International humanitarian law : That part of international law concerned with minimizing the human consequences of conventional and unconventional armed conflict
- Ethics : The branch of philosophy dealing with standards of good and evil.
- Convention against Torture : An international treaty, created in 1984 and at least partially agreed-to by 146 countries, to deny the legality of torture and take steps to abolish its use
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights : Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.
- Declaration of Helsinki : Initiated in response to Nazi medical experiments and the resulting Nuremberg Code, the continually updated world agreement on ethical principles for medical research with human subjects
- European Court of Human Rights : Add brief definition or description
- European Declaration of Human Rights : Add brief definition or description
- Geneva Conventions : For international law, the principal group of treaties addressing humanitarian aspects of war
- International Criminal Court : A permanent tribunal, established by treaty among over 120 nations but not part of the United Nations, for trying individuals for crimes against humanity; a number of major countries do not accept its authority
- International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia : Add brief definition or description
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda : Created by the United Nations Security Council, an international humanitarian law tribunal established to try Rwandan citizens for 1994 violence in Rwanda and neighboring countries, principally between the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups
- American Civil Liberties Union : American political action group founded in 1920 for protection of civil liberties.
- American Civil Rights Union : A conservative group presenting itself as an alternative to the American Civil Liberties Union, arguing for a strict constructionist view of the Constitution
- Amnesty International : International non-governmental organisation, founded in London in 1961, which draws attention to human rights abuses and campaigns for compliance with international standards.
- Civil liberties : A concept very similar to that of human rights, the concept and/or its scope often being contentious.
- Cult : Religious sect or group that is relatively limited in size and often considered to be particularly dangerous, manipulative or all-encompassing.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation : U.S. online civil liberties advocacy group.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center : Add brief definition or description
- Human Rights Now : Add brief definition or description
- Human Rights Watch : Nonprofit nongovernmental organization dedicated to protecting human rights around the world.
- International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg) : Conducted by the four major Allied powers in Europe, this proceeding tried the designated Major War Criminals of Nazi Germany, as well as determining whether certain Nazi organizations were to be considered as criminal conspiracies to which membership was a crime
- Nuremberg Military Tribunals : A set of twelve trials of officials of Nazi Germany, conducted by the United States in its zone of occupation of Germany, following the International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg)
- International Military Tribunal for the Far East : Add brief definition or description
- Solidaridad Española con Cuba : Add brief definition or description