The Prelude/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to The Prelude, or pages that link to The Prelude or to this page or whose text .
- Poetry : A form of literary work which uses rhythm, metre, and sound elements (such as assonance or dissonance) to structure, amplify, and in some instances supplant the literal meanings of words.
- William Wordsworth : (7 April 1770 - 23 April 1850) One of the leading English romantic poets.
- French Revolution : The revolutionary episode in France that deposed the king and the aristocracy, created a republic, and included a period of terror, in which thousands were killed or driven into exile.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge : (Oct. 21, 1772 - July 25, 1834) Romantic poet and critic, colleague of William Wordsworth.
- Victorian Literature : The British literature of Victoria's reign
- Dorothy Wordsworth : Sister of William Wordsworth, she was an exceptional journal and letter writer.