From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- East Asia : Region comprising China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan; also defined in cultural terms, with these nations historically or at present sharing writing systems, philosophical modes of thought, and other relationships (population about 1,600,000,000).
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- Republic of China : The political state in China from 1912 to 1949, and which since then has administered Taiwan and its territories only.
- Taiwan : Formerly known as Formosa, an East Asian island and the common name for territories administered by the Republic of China.
- Taipei Metro : Add brief definition or description
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport : Largest and busiest port of entry for air travellers and cargo in Taiwan; opened 1979 and situated about 24 miles (40 kilometres) south-west of central Taipei.
- Taipei Songshan Airport : Commercial and military airport opened in 1950 and situated close to the centre of Taipei, in the Songshan district; handles domestic services and limited international flights from Taiwan.
- Republic of China (1912-1949) : State that administered mainland China, 1912-1949; government forced to withdraw to Taiwan during the Chinese Civil War.
- People's Republic of China : Add brief definition or description
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.