Sykes-Picot Agreement/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Sykes-Picot Agreement: A 1916 secret agreement between France and Great Britain, with the consent of Russia, on the disposition of territories in the Ottoman Empire
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Arab nationalism : Add brief definition or description
- Middle East agreements : The wide range of public and secret correspondence, treaties, United Nations Security Council resolutions, announcements from high-level conferences and other negotiated approaches to stability in the Middle East.
- Ottoman Empire : An empire, informally the Turkish Empire, that dominated most of the Middle East from the 14th to early 20th century.
- Balfour Declaration : A 1917 declaration by the British Foreign Secretary stating that U.K. government, in principle, endorsed the idea of a Jewish homeland in Palestine
- First World War : Add brief definition or description
- Mecca : Located in Saudi Arabia and one of the "Two Holy Places" of Islam; inner religious areas barred to non-Muslims
- Palestine : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Palestine (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.