From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Statcoulomb, or pages that link to Statcoulomb or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Statcoulomb. Needs checking by a human.
- Dyne : Force in cgs system; symbol: dyn; 1 dyn = 10−5 N.
- Electric field : force acting on an electric charge—a vector field.
- Electromagnetism : Phenomena and theories regarding electricity and magnetism.
- James Clerk Maxwell : (1831 – 1879) Scottish physicist best known for his formulation of electromagnetic theory and the statistical theory of gases.
- Polarizability : The ease by which a charge-distribution polarizes; describes the amount of charge separation caused by an electric field.
- Speed of light : A physical constant c describing the speed of electromagnetic radiation in vacuum. In the International System of Units the metre is the distance light travels in classical vacuum in 1/c seconds, using the defined value c = c0 ≡ 299 792 458 m/s (exact).
- Statampere : Electric current in the Gaussian system of units; symbol statA; 1 statA = 1 A/(10⋅c); c is the speed of light in m/s.
- Statvolt : Unit of electric voltage; symbol statV; 1 statV = 10−6×c volt; c speed of light in m/s.