Spinal cord/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Spinal cord, or pages that link to Spinal cord or to this page or whose text .
- Vertebrate : An animal who has a skeleton with a backbone, vertebrae, and/or a cranium.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Vertebral column : Structure of stacked vertebral bones which protect the spinal cord.
- Vertebra : An individual element of the bony column known as the backbone or vertebral column in humans and other vertebrates.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Motor neuron : Add brief definition or description
Diseases or disorders
- Multiple sclerosis : A chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS).
- Spina bifida : Add brief definition or description
- Spinal muscular atrophy : A group of disorders marked by progressive degeneration of motor neurons in the spinal cord, resulting in weakness and muscular atrophy, usually without evidence of injury to the corticospinal tracts.