Rangers (Army of the Republic of Viet Nam)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Rangers (Army of the Republic of Viet Nam), or pages that link to Rangers (Army of the Republic of Viet Nam) or to this page or whose text .
- Army of the Republic of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- Battle of Plei Mei : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Battle of An Loc : Add brief definition or description
- Battle of Phuoc Long : Add brief definition or description
- Luc Luong Dac Biet : Special Forces of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam; a paramilitary organization reporting to the office of President Ngo Dinh Diem before his overthrow, then a combination of a counterpart to United States Army Special Forces and a clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action organization, and eventually a pure counterpart organization.
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Nha Ky Thuat : The most common Vietnamese term for a Republic of Vietnam organization for special operations, clandestine human-source intelligence, and, at one point, paramilitary operations against protesters in the Buddhist crisis of 1963; U.S. counterpart organizations included MACV-SOG and United States Army Special Forces