Nha Ky Thuat/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nha Ky Thuat, or pages that link to Nha Ky Thuat or to this page or whose text .
- Ngo Dinh Diem : President of the Republic of Vietnam from shortly after its creation, to his overthrow and death in the Vietnam War, Buddhist crisis and military coup of 1963. He was of the Catholic minority, ascetic and autocratic, and strongly anti-Communist
- Republic of Vietnam : The Republic of Vietnam (RVN) (1954-1975; commonly called South Vietnam (SVN)) is the political entity created by the Geneva Accords of 1954 that partitioned French Indochina. The Republic of Vietnam ended in 1975 at the end of the Vietnam War.
- Civilian Irregular Defense Group : Light and irregular infantry units in the Republic of Vietnam, typically defending their local area, and trained and led by United States Army Special Forces personnel, and sometimes by their Army of the Republic of Viet Nam counterparts in the Nha Ky Thuat
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.