Primary prevention/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Primary prevention, or pages that link to Primary prevention or to this page or whose text .
- Healthcare economics : Economic and political considerations of resource use in health care, including funding, allocation and rationing
- Blood pressure : Pressure of the blood on the arteries and other blood vessels.
- Cholesterol : Principal sterol of all higher animals.
- Mass screening : Organized periodic procedures performed on large groups of people for the purpose of detecting disease.
- Mammography : Add brief definition or description
- Prostate specific antigen : A protease secreted by the epithelial cells of the prostate gland, elevated in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer.
- Vaccination : A preventative health measure that can confer immunity to an infectious disease, without requiring that the vaccinated individual actually contract the disease.
- Folic acid : Nutrient required for a normal pregnancy.
- Aspirin : Common analgesic used for treating mild to moderate pain; protective against blood clots and heart disease when administered indefinitely in low doses