Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
Philosophy of religion/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Philosophy of religion, or pages that link to Philosophy of religion or to this page or whose text .
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Cosmological argument for the existence of God : Add brief definition or description
- Design argument for the existence of God : An a posteriori (empirical) argument for the existence of a god or gods.
- Divine attributes : Add brief definition or description
- Euthyphro dilemma : Philosophical dilemma regarding divine command theory stemming from Socrates in Euthyphro, a Platonic dialogue.
- Miracles : Add brief definition or description
- Natural theology : An approach to understand God outside of any reference to special revelation (Scripture).
- Near-death experience : (or NDE) Experience reported by patients of coming close to death
- Omniscience : A being is omniscient if it knows all truths (or facts) and believes no falsehoods.
- Ontological argument for the existence of God : A proof of the existence of the God through abstract reasoning.
- Pascal's Wager : Argument by Blaise Pascal that one ought to believe in God for prudential reasons.
- Problem of evil : Add brief definition or description
- Reformed epistemology : Philosophical approach which broadly stated is that we have innate, God-given cognitive systems that provide direct, empirical experience which give us beliefs which require no reason.
- Theodicy : The defense of God's goodness and justice in light of evil.
- Agnosticism : The position that is not possible to have knowledge of God.
- Atheism : Absence of belief in any god or other supernatural beings; distinct from antitheism, or opposition to religion, and agnosticism, the position that one cannot know whether such beings exist.
- Psychology of religion : Study of the psychological tendencies and predispositions associated with religious belief, activity, practice, expression and experience.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Sociology of religion : Add brief definition or description
- Theology : Discipline that engages in dialogue and reflection about God and religion.