Peter Binfield/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Peter Binfield: Managing Editor at PLoS ONE and advocate of Gold open access and article-level metrics.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Scientific publishing : Add brief definition or description
- Open access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Open access publishing : Add brief definition or description
- Public Library of Science : A non-profit open access publisher known for innovative publishing formats such as PLoS ONE and PLoS Currents.
- PLoS ONE : An open access journal covering all of science; the largest scientific journal by annual number of articles published.
- Article-level metrics : Quantification of properties relating to individual published scholarly articles.
- Gold open access : The practice of publishing articles in scientific journals under an open license; widely used as a synonym for open access publishing.
- Public peer review : A variant of peer review in which the evaluation of a scholarly manuscript or grant proposal takes place in public before formal publication.
- PLoS Currents : A line of scientific publishing using Google Knol; operated by the Public Library of Science.
- Chris Surridge : Add brief definition or description