Party system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Party system, or pages that link to Party system or to this page or whose text .
- Republic : A form of government in which political power and authority is derived from the citizenry, and not from a monarch, whether hereditary or "tyrannical" (ie, a dictator).
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Second Party System : Term used by historians and political scientists referring to the United States' political system from about 1828 to 1854.
- Third Party System : The political universe in American politics from about 1854 to the mid 1890s; the main concerns were nationalism.
- Fourth Party System : Period in American political history from about 1896 to 1932, the Progressive Era.
- Fifth Party System : In U.S. political history, the period from 1932 to the present, also called New Deal Era during the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt