NGC 221/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< NGC 221
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/NGC 221. Needs checking by a human.
- Andromeda (constellation) : Constellation in the northern sky, which is surrounded by Auriga, Perseus, Aries, Cetus, Eridanus, Orion and Gemini.
- Andromeda Galaxy : Nearest large spiral galaxy to the Milky Way, also known as Messier 31
- Declination : Angular distance to a point on a celestial object, measured north or south from the celestial equator.
- Galaxy : Gravitationally bound system of stars typically contain ten million to one trillion stars.
- Globular cluster : Spherical, globular collection of stars that orbits a galactic core as a satellite, and is generally smaller in size than a galaxy.
- Messier object : Systematic list of nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters, first compiled and published in 1771 by Charles Messier, it originally contained 45 objects, later superseded by the New General Catalogue (NGC).
- NGC 205 : A small, elliptical satellite galaxy of the Andromeda Galaxy.