Andromeda Galaxy/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Andromeda Galaxy, or pages that link to Andromeda Galaxy or to this page or whose text .
- Astronomy : The study of objects and processes in the observable universe, e.g. stars, planets, comets or asteroids.
- Galaxy : Gravitationally bound system of stars typically contain ten million to one trillion stars.
- Messier object : Systematic list of nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters, first compiled and published in 1771 by Charles Messier, it originally contained 45 objects, later superseded by the New General Catalogue (NGC).
- NGC 205 : A small, elliptical satellite galaxy of the Andromeda Galaxy.
- NGC 221 : NGC 221 or Messier 32, is an elliptical satellite galaxy of the Andromeda Galaxy
- Andromeda (constellation) : Constellation in the northern sky, which is surrounded by Auriga, Perseus, Aries, Cetus, Eridanus, Orion and Gemini.
- Light year : Distance that light travels in vacuum in one year; 9,460,730,472,580.800 km = 9.4607304 * 1012 km.
- Milky Way : The Milky Way galaxy which contains our solar system.