Multiple casualty incident/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Multiple casualty incident, or pages that link to Multiple casualty incident or to this page or whose text .
- Emergency management : Preparation and response to natural disasters, accidents, and deliberate violence at both the routine local level and when local resources are overwhelmed
- Emergency medical services : Add brief definition or description
- Triage : The process of sorting victims of disease or violence, so the greatest number can be helped with the available resources, and treatment prioritized to have the best chance of preserving life.
- Incident Command System : An increasingly worldwide set of procedures and doctrines for operational response to emergencies requiring response from different organizations, ranging from multiple units of the same local fire department or police force, to major disasters covering large regions and requiring national or international resources
- Mass casualty incident : A medical emergency where the number and severity of victims is expected to overwhelm available resources, requiring a decision to defer treatment and provide comfort care only to those who have no realistic chance of survival