From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Monophthong, or pages that link to Monophthong or to this page or whose text .
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Phonetics : Study of speech sounds and their perception, production, combination, and description.
- Spoken language : An example of language produced using some of the articulatory organs, e.g. the mouth, vocal folds or lungs, or intended for production by these organs; alternatively, the entire act of communicating verbally - what people mean or intend, the words they use, their accent, intonation and so on.