From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Moldova. Needs checking by a human.
- Balkan peninsula : Geographic name for a region of southeastern Europe, surrounded by the Black Sea to the east, by Aegean, Mediterranean and Ionian Sea to the south, and by the Adriatic Sea to the west.
- Commonwealth of Independent States : Regional organization, founded in 1991 by Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine, whose participating countries are former Soviet Republics.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Danube River : Europe's second longest river, about 2860 km long, second only to the Volga River.
- David Kessler (actor) : Prominent actor in the first great era of Yiddish theater.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Jacob Pavlovich Adler : International star of Yiddish theater in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- List of rivers by length : Add brief definition or description
- Romanian language : A Romance language spoken in southeastern Europe, mainly in Romania and Moldova.
- Russian language : Widely-used member of the Slavic languages, written in the Cyrillic alphabet and spoken across Eurasia.
- Soviet Union : A Communist state, which took over the Russian Empire, after the Russian Revolution of 1917 that existed from 1922 to 1991; the major part now extant as the Russian Federation
- Ukraine : A large Slavic nation in Eastern Europe whose capital is Kyiv (Kiev).