From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Megakaryocyte, or pages that link to Megakaryocyte or to this page or whose text .
- Hematopoiesis : The processes by which all types of blood cells are generated, in the bone marrow, from pluripotential stem cells that differentiate into normal or abnormal circulating elements of blood
- Bone marrow : The soft tissue, inside the hollow cavities of bones, which produces blood cells
- Platelet : Cell fragments circulating in the blood.
- Myelodysplastic syndrome : Haematological conditions united by ineffective production of blood cells and varying risks of transformation to acute myelogenous leukaemia.