From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Hematopoiesis: The processes by which all types of blood cells are generated, in the bone marrow, from pluripotential stem cells that differentiate into normal or abnormal circulating elements of blood
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Blood : The body fluid that circulates in the vascular system (i.e., blood vessels). Whole blood includes plasma and blood cells.
- Stem cell : Describes cells that have the potential to differentiate to new cell types; usually encompasses totipotent, pluripotent and multipotent cells.
- Erythropoesis : The creation, from megakaryocyte-erythroid progenitor cells, and life cycle of erythrocytes (i.e., red blood cells or RBCs)
- Leukopoesis : Add brief definition or description
- Thrombocytopoiesis : Add brief definition or description