From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/MILSTAR. Needs checking by a human.
- Advanced Extremely High Frequency (satellite) : A system of survivable, high-speed military communications satellites going into service, developed by the U.S. Air Force with British, Canadian and Dutch participation
- Air Force Space Command : AFSPC, a major command headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado;provides doctrinal development, training, readiness, and providing resources for space and intercontinental ballistic missile warfighting to Unified Combatant Command
- Defense Satellite Communications System : A currently operational U.S. system of military communications satellites, providing worldwide coverage among fixed and semifixed sites, with moderately high data rates
- Satellite communications : Telecommunications that makes use of a high-altitude relay(s), usually artificial satellites in Earth orbits but potentially a relay in the atmosphere
- Wideband Global Satellite : A new high-capacity satellite system, starting from commercial-off-the-shelf-technology, that the U.S. military began to operate in 2007