From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Longitude, or pages that link to Longitude or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Longitude. Needs checking by a human.
- Augustin-Louis Cauchy : (1789 – 1857) prominent French mathematician, one of the pioneers of rigor in mathematics and complex analysis.
- Christiaan Huygens : (14 April 1629 - 8 June 1695) an internationally renowned Dutch mathematician, physicist and astronomer.
- Geographic Information System : Combined database and mapping system for the capture, storage, and manipulation of geographic data.
- Global Navigation Satellite System : A system which allows small electronic devices to determine their location (Longitude, Latitude, and Altitude) as well as time with an accuracy of up to a few centimetres using time signals transmitted along a line of sight by radio from satellites.
- Latitude : Location north or south of the equator, measured in degrees from the equator, which is 0.
- Meridian (geography) : Imaginary arc on the Earth's surface from the North Pole to the South Pole that connects all locations running along it with a given longitude.
- Mile : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 1.609 kilometres, and equivalent to 5,280 feet.
- New Zealand : Country in the South Pacific; constitutional monarchy and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Spherical polar coordinates : Angular coordinates on a sphere: longitude angle φ, colatitude angle θ
- Wristwatch : Timepiece designed to be worn around the wrist.