Jose Padilla/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jose Padilla, or pages that link to Jose Padilla or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jose Padilla. Needs checking by a human.
- Aafia Siddique : A Pakistani citizen and scientist, held in extrajudicial detention for five years for alleged terrorist ties, who is in proceedings at the U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of New York, based on Federal Bureau of Investigation reports that she shot a U.S. officer and had documents and materials that may have been intended to cause explosions. Pakistani government representatives regularly attend the court.
- Abu Zubaydah : The first High Value Detainee captured by the United States; believed to be a senior al-Qaeda logistics and travel facilitator, and possibly a counterintelligence officer
- Binyam Ahmed Mohammad : an Ethiopian who was held in secret CIA custody, and later faced charges before a Guantanamo military commission.
- Defense Intelligence Agency : One of the members of the United States intelligence community, charged with providing national-level analysis specifically relevant for military needs, and being the focal point for measurement and signature intelligence
- Federal Bureau of Investigation : The principal U.S. Federal police agency, part of the U.S. Department of Justice and the United States intelligence community, who has arrest authority, and is the primary authority for a variety of domestic crimes, civilian counterespionage within the United States, and organized crime
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Jack Goldsmith : US law professor specializing in international law; former Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration
- Jay Bybee : Currently a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and a law professor, he was Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration, and had a prominent role in legal opinions related to interrogation of prisoners
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Office of Legal Counsel : Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the office that gives legal opinions on complex interagency and constitutional matters to the rest of the Executive Branch, including the Counsel to the President and the Attorney General
- Radiological weapon : A weapon that uses explosives or other mechanical means to disperse radioactive substances that present a hazard of producing acute radiation syndrome or other harmful effects, such as contaminating an area and making it unusable
- Reduced Fear interrogation techniques : Interrogation techniques that, using conversation, incentives or both, reduce fear in a prisoner, with the intent of increasing cooperation
- Rumsfeld v. Padilla : Decided in 2004, a Supreme Court of the United States ruling that a specific court did not have jurisdiction over the habeas corpus petition of a U.S. citizen, arrested by U.S. law enforcement on U.S. soil, but designated an enemy combatant by the President and put into military extrajudicial detention
- U.S. Department of Justice : The Cabinet level department headed by the Attorney General, which supervises the FBI and 58 other Agencies.