Jorge Luis Borges/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jorge Luis Borges, or pages that link to Jorge Luis Borges or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Jorge Luis Borges. Needs checking by a human.
- Baccalauréat : An academic degree which French students sit for at the end of the lycée (secondary school).
- Biography : The history of a person's life.
- Fantasy : A speculative artistic genre involving the supernatural.
- International Phonetic Alphabet : System of phonetic notation based on the Latin alphabet, devised by the International Phonetic Association as a standardized representation of the sounds of spoken language.
- Latin America : The region of the Americas that shares a common tradition and historical heritage of European colonization, mostly Iberian.
- Ottoman Empire : An empire, informally the Turkish Empire, that dominated most of the Middle East from the 14th to early 20th century.
- Portugal : South-west European republic (population c. 10.7 million; capital Lisbon) on the western side of the Iberian Peninsula, with a long Atlantic coastline to its west and bordering Spain to the north and east.
- Robert Louis Stevenson : British 19th-century writer whose works included Kidnapped, Treasure Island and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
- Steven Millhauser : (Born 1943) American novelist and short story writer; winner of the Pulitzer Prize.
- Uruguay : An economically sound democracy in the Southern Cone of South America, with Argentina and Brazil as neighbors
- Vladimir Nabokov : (1899-1977) Russian-American novelist and poet; wrote Lolita and Pale Fire.