James Monroe/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to James Monroe, or pages that link to James Monroe or to this page or whose text .
- President of the United States of America : Head of state and government of the United States of America; elected through an electoral college and responsible for appointing Federal judges and senior officials of the executive branch, subject to Senate confirmation
- U.S. History : The history of the United States from the colonial era to the present.
- Thomas Jefferson : (1743-1826) Third President of the United States; author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom; father of the University of Virginia
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- War of 1812 : A sideshow, 1812-1815, of the Napoleonic Wars, between the United States and Great Britain; Britain ignored American demands to end the impressment (seizure) of American sailors, interference with American maritime rights, and support for hostile Indians in the American West; the war was essentially a draw
- Monroe Doctrine : Add brief definition or description
- Missouri Compromise : Add brief definition or description
- Era of Good Feelings : Approximately 1816-1824; an era of very weak partisanship during the administration of U.S. President James Monroe.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.