Era of Good Feelings/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Era of Good Feelings, or pages that link to Era of Good Feelings or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Era of Good Feelings. Needs checking by a human.
- Federalist Party : An American political party during the First Party System, in the period 1791 to 1816, with remnants lasting into the 1820s.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- James Monroe : (1758-1831) The fifth president of the United States (1817-1825), best known for sponsoring the Monroe Doctrine, and for presiding over a lessening of partisan tensions known as the "Era of Good Feelings."
- Jeffersonian Democracy : Add brief definition or description
- John Quincy Adams : (1767-1848) was the sixth president of the United States (1825-1829), and the son of President John Adams (1797-1801).
- War of 1812 : A sideshow, 1812-1815, of the Napoleonic Wars, between the United States and Great Britain; Britain ignored American demands to end the impressment (seizure) of American sailors, interference with American maritime rights, and support for hostile Indians in the American West; the war was essentially a draw