Jack Keane/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Jack Keane, or pages that link to Jack Keane or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Vice Chief of Staff of the Army : Second most senior general in the U.S. Army, who directs internal operations in doctrinal development, planning, training and readiness
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments : A non-partisan, Washington, D.C. based think tank for national security and investment options.
- Defense Policy Board : A group of part-time senior strategic advisers to the U.S. Department of Defense
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- John Abizaid : Retired general, United States Army; succeeded GEN Tommy Franks to head United States Central Command after Iraq War, major combat phase; native Arabic speaker; fellow, Hoover Institution; Former Senior Advisor, Preventive Defense Project, Belfer Center, 2007-2009; Defense Department senior mentor program
- George W. Bush : (1946–) 43rd U.S. President (Republican), elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004.
- Ryan Crocker : U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, 2007-2009, and a Foreign Service Officer with the highest rank of Career Ambassador
- Robert Gates : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the Obama and George W. Bush Administrations; Member, Iraq Study Group; former Director of Central Intelligence
- Ray Odierno : General, United States Army, commanding Multi-National Force-Iraq; commanded 4th Infantry Division (U.S.) at end of major combat of the Iraq War
- Meghan O'Sullivan : Professor of International Affairs at the Harvard University Belfer Center; previously consultant to then-U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker, on the National Security Council, Coalition Provisional Authority, Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance, and the Policy Planning Staff of the U.S. Department of State
- Peter Pace : General, United States Marine Corps; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff 2005-2007
- Donald Rumsfeld : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush Administration (2001-2008); was the oldest secretary and earlier the youngest secretary in the Administration (1975-1977); major policymaker after the 9-11 attack; advisor, Project for the New American Century
- Ricardo Sanchez : Retired lieutenant general of armor, United States Army, who commanded the senior U.S. headquarters in Iraq when the Abu Ghraib prison scandal broke; involved in early attempts to deal realistically with the growing insurgency after the end of high-intensity combat
- Eric Shinseki : U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs in the Obama Administration, and a retired four-star general whose last assignment was Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army