International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, or pages that link to International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Bioengineering : The application of electrical, mechanical, chemical, optical, nuclear and other engineering principles to understand, modify and control biological (plants and animals - including human) systems.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- American National Standards Institute : A non-governmental, non-profit organization that coordinates and accredits the diverse standards developing organizations (SDOs), within the private and public sectors of the United States, that voluntarily develop technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems and services.
- ANSI :A redirect
- ASTM International : A non-governmental, not-for-profit international organization that develops and publishes technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services.
- ASTM :A redirect
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures : An international standards organization (commonly referred to as the BIPM) established to maintain the International System of Units (SI).
- International Organization for Standardization : A non-governmental international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations.
- ISO A redirect
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- SI: A redirect
- Systems of measurement : A set of units which can be used to specify anything which can be measured and were historically important, regulated and defined because of trade and internal commerce.
- Standards organization : Add brief definition or description