Information assurance/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Information assurance, or pages that link to Information assurance or to this page or whose text .
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- Security policy : Add brief definition or description
- Communications security : Policies, procedures and technologies used to protect information while it is being transmitted
- Extranet : A predefined set of networked computers, under the control of different enterprises, that can communicate with one another for well-defined, secure application processing.
- Information security : The set of policies and protective measures used to ensure appropriate confidentiality, integrity and availability to information; usually assumed to be information in a computer or telecommunications network but the principles extend to people and the physical world
- Internet Protocol security architecture : A structure and set of abstract techniques for implementing various security features, according to the requirements of a specific security policy, in Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Intranet : A set of networked computers, under one administration, which can only communicate with one another.
- Secure Sockets Layer : Add brief definition or description
- Auditing : Add brief definition or description
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- Risk analysis : Add brief definition or description
- Virtual private network : The emulation of a private Wide Area Network (WAN) facility using IP facilities, including the public Internet or private IP backbones.