From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Inch. Needs checking by a human.
- Expansion turbine : A centrifugal or axial flow turbine through which a high pressure gas is isentropically expanded to produce work.
- Foot (unit) : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 0.3048 metre, and equivalent to 12 inches.
- Gobioides broussonnetii : Long, slender, eel-like, non aggressive fish.
- Metre (unit) : Unit of length; one of the seven SI base units.
- Mignonette (plant) : Mediterranean plants of the genus Reseda, especially R. odorata, widely cultivated for its very aromatic but inconspicuous greenish flowers, essential oil, and yellow dye.
- Mile : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 1.609 kilometres, and equivalent to 5,280 feet.
- Mumbai : The capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra, and is the most populous city in India; formerly known as Bombay.
- Postscript : programming language for description of two-dimensional objects.
- Protoscience : A field of study that appears to conform to the initial phase of the scientific method, but involves speculation.
- Shinty : A Scottish Highland outdoor sport for two teams of twelve and resembling field hockey, though with taller goalposts. It is believed to be derived from the Irish sport of hurling.
- South Africa : The southernmost African nation; population about 50,000,000.
- U.S. customary units : The units of measurement that are currently used in the United States.
- Yard : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 0.9144 metre, and equivalent to 3 feet.