IBM compatible PC/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to IBM compatible PC, or pages that link to IBM compatible PC or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/IBM compatible PC. Needs checking by a human.
- Byte : A byte is a unit of data consisting of (usually) eight binary digits, each of which is called a bit.
- Computer science : The study of how computers work, and the algorithms, data structures and design principles used in their operation and programming.
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- History of computing : How electronic computers were first invented; how the technology underlying them evolved.
- Operating system : The main software of a computer system; controls the execution of applications and provides various services to them.
- Personal computer : A computer whose price, size, and features make it suitable for personal use.
- Request for Comments : A Request for Comments (RFC) is one of a series of documents about the Internet, mostly technical, but some about policy issues; some become de facto Internet standards, which set the engineering specifications for the internals of the Internet, while many others languish largely or completely ignored.
- X86 : The instruction set architecture for the Intel 8086 and 8088 chips, 16-bit microprocessors first produced in 1978.