Hostis humani generis/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hostis humani generis, or pages that link to Hostis humani generis or to this page or whose text .
- International law : The formal conduct of interactions between nation-states, both at the national level and on behalf of their citizens; generally accepted as first formalized by Hugo Grotius.
- Genocide : The deliberate killing or other destruction of a large group, membership in which is a broad criterion such as ethnicity or religion rather than individual acts
- Piracy : Violence against, or detention of, by private individuals, against aircraft or ships under national registry
- Slavery : A social system in which people have legal rights of property ownership over others.
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea : Add brief definition or description
- War crime : Acts that violate the laws of war as they applied in the time and place of commission, or that were deemed violations of law, possibly ex post facto, as determined by a competent tribunal
- Just war theory : The branch of ethics concerned with the basis for starting, conducting, and terminating wars