History of chemistry/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to History of chemistry, or pages that link to History of chemistry or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier : Eminent late 18th century French chemist.
- Jeremias Benjamin Richter : Add brief definition or description
- John Dalton : English pioneer chemist and meteorologist (1766-1844), formulated the first quantitative atomic theory.
- Jöns Jacob Berzelius : (1779 - 1848) Swedish chemist.
- Joseph Louis Proust : Add brief definition or description
- Law of definite proportions : Fundamental chemical law stating that elements combine in definite proportions to each other by mass.