Henri Navarre/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Henri Navarre, or pages that link to Henri Navarre or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Henri Navarre. Needs checking by a human.
- Dien Bien Phu : Site in northern Vietnam of a 1954 decisive battle that soon forced France to relinquish control of colonial Indochina.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Signals intelligence at the start of the Cold War : Signals intelligence technology and history between 1945 and 1954
- Viet Minh : A short name for the Communist-dominated national revolutionary movement that overthrew the colonial government of French Indochina