From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hemofiltration, or pages that link to Hemofiltration or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Hemofiltration. Needs checking by a human.
- Acute kidney injury : Formerly termed acute renal failure (ARF), an abrupt (within 48 hours) reduction in kidney function currently defined as an absolute increase in serum creatinine, a percentage increase in serum creatinine , or a reduction in urine output beyond quantitatively defined levels
- Hemodiafiltration : The combination of hemodialysis and hemofiltration either simultaneously or sequentially.
- Kidney : Organs in the dorsal region of the vertebrate abdominal cavity, functioning to maintain proper water and electrolyte balance, regulate acid-base concentration, and filter the blood of metabolic wastes, which are then excreted as urine.
- Renal dialysis : Therapy for the insufficient cleansing of the blood by the kidneys based on dialysis.
- Renal replacement therapy : Procedures which temporarily or permanently remedy insufficient cleansing of body fluids by the kidneys.
- Ultrafiltration : The separation of particles from a suspension by passage through a filter with very fine pores. In ultrafiltration the separation is accomplished by convective transport.