Hannah Arendt/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Totalitarianism : Any political system, or ideologies that support such a system, in which a centralized political authority controls every aspects of life.
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- French Revolution : The revolutionary episode in France that deposed the king and the aristocracy, created a republic, and included a period of terror, in which thousands were killed or driven into exile.
- Zionism : The ideology that Jews should form a Jewish state in what is traced as the Biblical area of Palestine; there are many interpretations, including the boundaries of such a state and its criteria for citizenship
- The Holocaust : Nazi Germany's systematic economic exploitation, followed by killing, of European Jews and others deemed racial and ideological enemies
- Adolf Eichmann : A key leader in the planning and operation of the Holocaust, who escaped Germany but was subsequently apprehended by Israeli agents in Argentina, and tried and executed by an Israeli court
- Authority : Derived from the Latin word auctoritas: the power or right to make rules or laws.
- Stanley Milgram : American social psychologist (1933-1984), best known for the Milgram experiment on obedience, but also for concepts such as the "familiar stranger"
- Philip Zimbardo : American psychologist, known for work on authority, terrorism, shyness and cults, as well as popular presentation of psychological ideas