HIV test/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< HIV test
- See also changes related to HIV test, or pages that link to HIV test or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/HIV test. Needs checking by a human.
- AIDS : A collection of symptoms and signs caused when an infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) changes from simple presence to active disease.
- Antigen : A molecule that induces an immune response, such as bee pollen or proteins from viruses or bacteria.
- Food and Drug Administration : The agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for regulating food, dietary supplements, drugs, biological medical products, blood products, medical devices, radiation-emitting devices, veterinary products, and cosmetics.
- HIV screening : Examination of people with no symptoms, to detect unsuspected cases of human immunodeficiency virus.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus : An infectious human retrovirus, transmitted by bodily fluids, that causes AIDS.
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Western blot : Analytical technique used to detect specific proteins in a given sample of tissue homogenate or extract, using gel electrophoresis.
- World Health Organization : United Nations' agency for health, focussing on the control and prevention of diseases, and the support for international health programs.