From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Grenade. Needs checking by a human.
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- Bomb : Explosive device that typically rely on the exothermic chemical reaction of an explosive material to produce an extremely sudden and violent release of energy.
- Firearm : Device, often designed to be used as a weapon, which projects either single or multiple projectiles at high velocity, using the energy of gases generated by a controlled explosion.
- Fratricide (military) : The killing of one's brother, but in a military context, the killing of one's own forces ("friendly fire").
- High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle : (HMMWV) Basic light truck of the United States Army, which comes in a wide variety of modular variants. A civilian version is called the Hummer.
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- Saddam Fedayeen : An Iraqi paramilitary force, fanatically loyal to Saddam Hussein and usually commanded by his son, Uday Hussein, used for internal control, and, surprisingly, against the supply lines of US forces in the Iraq War
- Squad (land forces) : The basic unit of infantry military tactics, composed of 7-13 soldiers, and subdivided into two or more fire teams
- Tactics : Military concepts and techniques used to fight a battle once battle is joined.
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Vietnam War military technology : Military technology in support of ground operations, including helicopters and air assault, either associated with or introduced in Vietnam, between 1962 and 1975