Genus (biology)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Genus (biology), or pages that link to Genus (biology) or to this page or whose text .
- Scientific name : Formal system of naming organisms, whereby each species receives a Latin or Latinized name of two parts, the first indicating the genus and the second being the specific name.
- Taxonomy : The principles underlying classification, often in a hierarchy.
- Taxon : Any group or rank categorised in the classification of organisms, e.g., class, order, family.
- Carl Linnaeus : (1707–1778) Established principles for classifying plants and animals into the groupings we know as species and genera.
- Genus (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Domain (taxonomy) : Add brief definition or description
- Kingdom (biology) : The second highest level taxon of organisms in scientific classification and biological taxonomy.
- Phylum (biology) : Add brief definition or description
- Class (biology) : A category in biological taxonomy.
- Order (biology) : A category in biological taxonomy.
- Family (biology) : Add brief definition or description
- Species (biology) : A fundamental unit of biological classification - a set of individual organisms that produce fertile offspring.