From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Freezing, or pages that link to Freezing or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Freezing. Needs checking by a human.
- Cryobiology : The study of living organisms, organs, biological tissues or biological cells at low temperatures.
- Cryopreservation : A process where cells or whole tissues are preserved by cooling to low sub-zero temperatures.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Nucleation : The extremely localized budding of a distinct thermodynamic phase.
- Permafrost : Soil at or below the freezing point of water (0 °C or 32 °F) for two or more years.
- Pseudomonas syringae : Rod shaped, Gram-negative bacterium with polar flagella, implicated as an atmospheric 'biological ice nucleator', playing a role in making rain and snow.
- Supercooling : Chilling a liquid below its freezing point, without it becoming solid.
- Thermal hysteresis : A phenomenon in which a physical quantity depends not only on the temperature but also on the preceding thermal history.