Foreign Secretary/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Foreign Secretary, or pages that link to Foreign Secretary or to this page or whose text .
- Government of the United Kingdom
- Great Offices of State : Four most senior posts in the government of the United Kingdom: Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer (finance minister), Foreign Secretary (foreign minister), and Home Secretary (internal affairs minister).
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office : The United Kingdom's foreign ministry, responsible for the country's diplomatic relations with other nations; informally, the 'Foreign Office'.
- : United Kingdom foreign minister since July 2016; previously Mayor of London and current MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip (born 1964).
Previous Foreign Secretaries
- : United Kingdom finance minister since July 2016; previously foreign minister and current MP for Runnymede and Weybridge (born 1955).
- William Hague : Former UK foreign minister (2010-2014) and leader of the Conservative Party (1997-2001) amongst other roles; formally, Baron Hague of Richmond as a member of the House of Lords (born 1961).
- David Miliband : Former UK foreign minister; born 1965.
- Margaret Beckett : Add brief definition or description
- Jack Straw : Add brief definition or description
- Robin Cook : Add brief definition or description
- Malcolm Rifkind : Add brief definition or description
- Douglas Hurd : Add brief definition or description
Great Offices of State
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom : The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer : The head of the department of the British government that administers the public revenue, including the receipt and expenditure of money for public services.
- Home Secretary : UK minister of internal affairs: senior government post, head of the Home Office, responsible for immigration, policing, domestic security, and related issues.