F-14 Tomcat/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to F-14 Tomcat, or pages that link to F-14 Tomcat or to this page or whose text .
- Fighter aircraft : Airplanes that have a principal mission of destroying other airplanes in flight, often with a secondary capability to attack ground targets
- Carrier Strike Group : In the U.S. Navy, the group of ships centered around a large aircraft carrier
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery : (CATOBAR) A set of technologies and procedures that allowed the operation of large, high-performance naval aircraft from carriers at sea
- AIM-7 Sparrow : A semi-active radar homing air-to-air missile introduced during the Vietnam War, the early models were not effective, although it improved over time, spawned the RIM-162 ESSM naval surface-to-air missile, but has been replaced for air-to-air use by the AIM-120 AMRAAM
- AIM-9 Sidewinder : The first operational heat-seeking air-to-air missile, this weapon, with five generations of improvements, has been in service for over fifty years.
- AIM-54 Phoenix : Add brief definition or description