Dominican Republic/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dominican Republic, or pages that link to Dominican Republic or to this page or whose text .
- Geography : Study of the surface of the Earth and the activities of humanity upon it.
- Republic : A form of government in which political power and authority is derived from the citizenry, and not from a monarch, whether hereditary or "tyrannical" (ie, a dictator).
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Caribbean Sea : Add brief definition or description
- Greater Antilles : Add brief definition or description
- Hispaniola : Caribbean island that hosts two countries, Haiti in the west and the Dominican Republic in the east.
- Spain : South-west European parliamentary monarchy (population c. 40.5 million; capital Madrid) between the Atlantic Ocean and Bay of Biscay to the north-west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east; the Pyrenees mountain range forms the border with France to the north-east, and Portugal is situated to the west.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Santo Domingo : Add brief definition or description
- Taínos : Add brief definition or description
- Christopher Columbus : Add brief definition or description
- Bartholomew Columbus : Add brief definition or description
- Operation Powerpack : Add brief definition or description
- Joaquín Balaguer : Add brief definition or description
- Haiti : Caribbean country, capital Port-au-Prince, covering the western part of the island of Hispaniola; population about 10,000,000.
- Napoleon I : Add brief definition or description
- Panama Canal : Add brief definition or description
- Theodore Roosevelt : (1858-1919), Twenty-sixth President of the United States, naturalist, historian, political reformer, and Progressive Era politician.
- Woodrow Wilson : 28th U.S. President (1913-1921); founded the Federal Reserve and brought his country to fight both the Mexicans in the Mexican Revolution and the Central Powers in World War One.
- William Howard Taft : (1857 – 1930) The 27th President and 10th Chief Justice of the United States.