Discrete probability distribution/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Discrete probability distribution, or pages that link to Discrete probability distribution or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Discrete probability distribution. Needs checking by a human.
- Conditioning (probability) : Conditional probabilities, conditional expectations and conditional distributions are treated on three levels.
- Continuous probability distribution : Probability distribution where variables can take on arbitrary values in a continuum.
- Entropy of a probability distribution : A number that describes the degree of uncertainty or disorder the distribution represents.
- Measure theory : Generalization of the concepts of length, area, and volume, to arbitrary sets of points not composed of line segments or rectangles.
- Poisson distribution : a probability distribution that is typically used to model the number of independent events (occurring at a constant average rate) that fall within a stated interval.
- Probability distribution : Function of a discrete random variable yielding the probability that the variable will have a given value.
- Sigma algebra : A formal mathematical structure intended among other things to provide a rigid basis for measure theory and axiomatic probability theory.
- Zipf distribution : Observation that states that, in a population consisting of many different types, the proportion belonging to the nth most common type is approximately proportional to 1/n.