Continuous probability distribution/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Continuous probability distribution, or pages that link to Continuous probability distribution or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Continuous probability distribution. Needs checking by a human.
- Discrete probability distribution : Class of probability distributions in which the values that might be observed are restricted to being within a pre-defined list of possible values.
- Entropy of a probability distribution : A number that describes the degree of uncertainty or disorder the distribution represents.
- Exponential distribution : Class of continuous probability distributions that describe the times between events in a Poisson process, i.e. a process in which events occur continuously and independently at a constant average rate.
- Measure theory : Generalization of the concepts of length, area, and volume, to arbitrary sets of points not composed of line segments or rectangles.
- Normal distribution : a symmetrical bell-shaped probability distribution representing the frequency of random variations of a quantity from its mean.
- Poisson distribution : a probability distribution that is typically used to model the number of independent events (occurring at a constant average rate) that fall within a stated interval.
- Probability distribution : Function of a discrete random variable yielding the probability that the variable will have a given value.
- Sigma algebra : A formal mathematical structure intended among other things to provide a rigid basis for measure theory and axiomatic probability theory.